Take part in an epic 5000-kilometre overland journey from imperial Beijing, through the mighty mountains and monasteries of Tibet, and finishing in Nepal’s compact capital of Kathmandu. There’s temples aplenty to explore, mountain passes and rugged landscapes to drive past, and, oh, did we mention standing in the shadow of Mt Everest? Experience one of the world’s greatest train journeys, get to know the highland haven of Lhasa and discover the world’s highest monastery in the foothills of Qomolangma. Respecting Buddhist cultures past and present, this insightful journey to the literal Roof of the World has never been so easy, yet still so incredibly fascinating.
- Like everything it does, China’s ancient history is on a grand scale – see it first-hand, with time to explore and walk the epic Great Wall’s Mutianyu section.
- Sit back and relax on one of the world’s greatest train journeys – a marathon 45-hour journey to the literal Roof of the World, passing by incredibly mountainous and remote terrain, and the occasional grazing yak!
- Get to know Lhasa, from the incredible atmosphere of the pilgrim-filled Jokhang Temple – the most sacred in the Tibetan Buddhist world – to a traditional momo making class, you’ll get a real taste for this place.
- Climb phenomenal mountain passes, twist up thrilling peaks, and take in incredible views of skies and lakes on your overland journey, standing in the shadow of the mightiest of them all – Mt Everest – and visiting the world’s highest monastery on your way!
- Relax in the lovely Thankot after an epic journey in Tibet and enjoy a short hike to Indradaha, with a view snow peaks of Langtang, Ganesha and Manaslu.