See the highlights of Georgia and Turkey on an 18-day adventure through the cultural heart of this region. These two Black Sea bordering nations may be close, but the distinct differences in food, tradition and historic sites will shine on this small-group adventure. From the medieval towns of Kutaisi, lush green slopes of Mestia valley and the ramparts of the Narikala Fortress, to navigating the warrens of Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar, marvelling at the ancient city of Ephesus and floating over the fairy-tale landscape of Cappadocia, each day will keep you guessing every step of the way. Be intrigued by the landscape and eat as much kebab as you can handle as you have some essential Turkish and Georgian experiences.
- Journey to the Svaneti region, a remote and alluring land of snow-capped mountains, where you'll discover medieval tower-houses and a fascinating local dialect.
- Discover local Georgian wine and overindulge in khinkali (Georgian dumplings), learning from the locals the only way to eat these delicious parcels.
- Enjoy a free day on the Aegean in the resort town of Kusadasi. You can check out Pamukkale's thermal pools, take a traditional boat trip along the coast or sit on the beach with a cool drink in hand.
- Get up close and personal with the fairy chimneys of Cappadocia on a valley walk that'll have you exploring rock-cut dwellings in Love Valley or the rose-coloured hues of Red Valley.
- See the back streets and vibrant bazaars in Istanbul – the continental-straddling metropolis where East meets West.