Get to know Indonesia from another – more varied – perspective on a dazzling 14-day escapade from Jakarta to Ubud. Discover both the current capital and cultural capital in Jakarta and Yogyakarta, hike up Mt Bromo for epic views over the countryside, meander through the lush jungles of Seloliman Nature Reserve in search of local wildlife, and cross the ditch to the north coast of Bali, with plenty of time to chill out on the sandy shores of Permuteran. This journey takes you from city to coast, jungle to market and temple to mountain, so take the plunge and get to know some of Indonesia’s hotspots in a more authentic way.
- Embark on a cycling trip through the backcountry of Yogyakarta. A world of flower-studded fields and smiling locals, this cultural centre is one of South East Asia’s standout destinations.
- Take a guided walk through the jungle and rice paddies of Seloliman Nature Reserve, then sit back, relax and soak up the ambience under the stars as a small group.
- Climbing Mt Bromo in the early hours of the morning is an adventure to remember. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling view over mist-laden volcanoes.
- Get behind the scenes of some of Java's fascinating local industries – from coffee, cocoa and palm sugar to traditional Javanese medicine of jamu.
- Balance out all of the activity and adventure with plenty of time to chill out away from the crowds at beachside paradise of Pemuteran on Bali’s less-visited north coast.