Combining Java’s collection of earthly volcanoes and pre-historic jungles with Bali’s stunning beaches, Java and Bali Explorer is a great way to experience the incredible contrasts and magical scenery of Indonesia. Get to the heart of life on this famous archipelago by visiting rice paddies, tea plantations and remote villages. Be charmed by Indonesia’s rich cultural heritage, witness traditional dance performances and visit ornate temples. From the fervent pace of Jakarta to the back alleys of Ubud, the islands of Bali and Java are Indonesia’s most celebrated duo – a treasure trove of beautiful beaches, rolling hills and dynamic cities.
- Cycling is a great way to get out and see the landscape and meet the locals. Enjoy cycling trips out of Yogyakarta and Ubud through the backcountry, a world of flower-studded fields or rice paddies, and smiling locals
- Take a guided walk through the jungle and rice paddies of Seloliman Nature Reserve, then sit back, relax and soak up the ambience under the stars
- Conquer two mountains! Climbing Mt Bromo and Mt Batur in the early hours of the morning. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling sunrise views
- With hiking, cycling and snorkelling, this trip is steeped in outdoor activities. But there's also plenty of time to relax – bathe in hot springs, laze on beach in Bali, or stroll around the villages we visit
- Gain an insight into the culture of two very distinct Indonesian islands