Why do I need an organised small-group tour through one of Asia’s most visited islands, you ask? Well, a nine-day real adventure of the sights, sounds and smells of traditional villages, untouched countryside, striking beaches and true Balinese cuisine isn’t easy to come by, but we’ve done all the hard work for you. Take part in a water purification ceremony, experience an authentic cooking class away from the crowds, learn the ancient art of Jamu and focus on wellness and relaxation with plenty of free time for you to explore at your own pace. You’ll be understanding why Bali is so highly regarded as a slice of paradise, but you’ll get to carve your own path past some of the serene highlights that it has to offer.
- Learn about true Balinese cuisine at an in-depth cooking class, sourcing ingredients from local markets and the onsite farm, and preparing a range of delicious vegetarian dishes, with the option of catering for other dietary desires.
- Participate in water purification ceremony at the traditional Tirta Sudamala temple, in which your body and soul will be cleansed in this ancient ritual.
- Discover the quintessential but secluded landscapes of rice fields and terraces on a guided Campuhan Ridge and local village walk with a knowledgeable local leader.
- Understand the traditional medicinal properties and health benefits of the Javanese Jamu drink, sourcing the local ingredients and preparing some yourself.
- Take a day trip out to the outlying Nusa Penida off the east coast of Bali and realise why this island is acclaimed for its panoramic vistas, stunning beaches and sapphire waters.