Home of the sumo, the geisha, sake, karaoke, onsen and izakaya – Japan is a true feast for all of your senses. Spend seven days covering the hotspots of this enchanting land, from the bright lights of Tokyo to the cultural capital in Kyoto. In two of Japan’s major cities, you’ll be walking through the quirky neighbourhoods and eating all the street food you can handle! Stop by the charming coastal town of Kamakura to break up your high-speed Shinkansen journey – beachside and close to Mt Fuji. Thousands of years of history distilled in a country so visually pleasing – come and discover Japan’s highlights yourself.
- Savour local flavours from Tokyo to Kyoto with chances to try all kinds of sumptuous street food, sake, snacks and other surprises – including the best sushi, of course.
- Relax on a short cruise down the Sumida River in Tokyo, taking in the sights of iconic buildings and alighting at the delightful urban oasis of Hama Rikyu gardens.
- The coastal city of Kamakura offers a variety of experiences – ancient statues, hiking through lush green and past half-hidden temples, views of Mt Fuji and plenty of time to relax beachside.
- With your local leader to show you the way, you’ll not only see the hotspots like Tokyo’s Shibuya and Kyoto’s Fushimi Inari-Taisha, but you’ll go behind the tourist map to local neighbourhoods and places less visited.
- Even getting from place to place is fun in Japan! Ride the Shinkansen bullet train, hop on public transport and take the renowned Enoden train line at different stages of your small group adventure.