Explore a mystical land of natural beauty and rare wildlife on thIS 18-day adventure in Malaysia. From bustling cityscapes to the blissful countryside to the lush tropical rainforest, unique animals and tribal villages, Malaysia has something for everyone. Experience the very best of mainland Malaysia and Borneo – hike in the Ulu Muda rainforest, climb Mt Kinabalu and watch sea turtles lay their eggs with an expert local ranger by your side and sharing laughs with your local village hosts. Each moment of this incredible small group adventure will give you a fascinating insight into Malaysia
- You’ll explore the rolling green Carmeron highlands, blanketed by tea plantations and strawberry fields, and then trek through the mystical Mossy Forest to learn more about the unique plants living beneath the sea of moss
- Stay in a special eco lodge on the edge of the jungle that’s fighting for the preservation of Ulu Muda Forest with research and awareness, low footprint practices and ecotourism principles.
- Take not one but two river cruises deep in the Ulu Muda Forest to double your chances of spotting roaming wildlife like elephants as your guide tells you about the native plants and wildlife that call this lush rainforest haven home.
- Climb Mt Kinabalu – the literal pinnacle of all treks in South East Asia – with local guides whose families have trekked the mountain for generations, witnessing a stunning sunrise after a morning hike.
- Spend time getting to know the unique wildlife of Borneo at conservation sanctuaries for orangutans, proboscis monkeys and sun bears.
- Join a local ranger and witness the special life cycle of sea turtles coming ashore on Turtle Island to lay their eggs on the beach, with the hatchlings making a dash down the beach to their new life.