Not all that long ago, many parts of Myanmar were still off-limits to travellers. Lucky for you, that’s no longer the case, although outside the cities you’ll find large parts of the country remain relatively new to tourism. Check out the busy streets of Yangon, the thousands of orange temples that rise over green plains in Bagan, take a cruise up the Ayeyarwady River in Mandalay, head into the steep mountains of Kalaw and be treated to awesome hospitality at every stop along the way.
- Start and finish your explorations of Myanmar in incredible Yangon, rapidly developing but still packed with beautiful pagodas, astounding giant Buddhas and more history than you can poke a stick at. Your leader will show you around downtown, then it's yours to explore.
- Tour the ancient city of Bagan by bicycle or take the chance to float high above the spectacle of stupas in a hot air balloon. There are multiple magical ways to have your mind blown here at this astonishing site with its thousands of temples and pagodas.
- There are plenty of opportunities to get in touch with the people and culture in your ample free time. Try our Urban Adventures in Yangon, Bagan or Mandalay for river tours, exploring after dark, local food and community visits.
- Spend a full day waking through the hills and villages of Kalaw.
- Get lost in the floating markets of Inle Lake.
- Round up your trip with a visit to perhaps most glittering stupa of them all, Shwedagon Pagoda.