Sacred Tibetan culture permeates every inch of this 15-day Expedition, seemingly touching everything in its path. Venture deep into Tamang hinterland as you follow the quiet Tamang Heritage Trail (restricted until 2004) and explore the wilds of Langtang National Park on an unforgettable trekking adventure. Discover surprisingly verdant midlands and stay in villages to immerse yourself in Tamang culture and connect with locals. All this, and we haven’t even mentioned the soaring views of Manaslu Massif, Ganesh, Langtang and Jugal Himal. This trek is perfect for the adventurous and active traveller looking for something different that lies well off the tourist trail.
Due to the nature of trekking in Nepal, please be aware that this trip will operate on an amended itinerary in the event of high-risk weather conditions.
- Forest filled with monkeys, stunning ice-capped peaks, plateaued grasslands and epic mountains in Nepal’s little-seen Tamang hinterland.
- This trek follows trails that run through villages and local communities, instead of teahouses built for tourists, so you’ll gain real insight into life in these remote areas.
- An overnight homestay with a family in Briddim allows you to share stories, experience some traditional home cooking and sleep overnight in a comfortable wooden home.
- Hike to a 100-year-old monastery in the village of Gatlang then head out to find Parvati Kunda, a sacred lake that is revered for its apparent powers of fertility.
- Learn about the Himalaya from your experienced local crew, and hike easier in the knowledge that we take the safety and ethical treatment of trekking guides seriously.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Sagarmatha Next. Donations help them remove waste responsibly and turn rubbish into art in the Everest region.