Wild, tropical and remote – think of Borneo as South East Asia’s answer to the Amazon. This 10-day tour is full of active adventure set in natural paradise. See orangutans swinging through the rainforest treetops at a sanctuary in Semenggoh, weave through the vast Mulu cave systems and spend a night in an Iban homestay. Follow the Headhunters’ Trail through dense jungle in Sarawak, wander along Kuching’s riverside promenade and relax on golden-sand beaches on Labuan Island.
- One of the last truly wild places on earth, Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see orangutans at a sanctuary and quirky proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park.
- Discover the colourful history of a variety of different ethnic groups and spend the night in a homestay with a local family.
- Explore labyrinthian caves and watch as millions of bats emerge from their depths at sunset, darkening the sky like a plume of black smoke, in Mulu National Park.
- Follow in the infamous footsteps of tribal warriors on a trek through wild, dense jungle on the Headhunters’ Trail – rich with wildlife like hornbills and monkeys.
- Unwind after days spent trekking through jungle with a stay on tranquil Labuan Island. Relax with a well-earned beer or cocktail at your beach resort accommodation.