This was the tour that started it all for Intrepid – and it remains one of our most popular. Northern Thailand is among the greatest adventure destinations on the planet and this journey shows why – hiking among hilltribes near Chiang Mai, drifting down the River Kwai in Kanchanaburi and calling in to visit friendly villages along the way. Come along and see why this trip was the benchmark for all other Intrepid Travel journeys.
- This is our most extensive and in-depth Thailand trip, and THE original Intrepid journey that started it all. It's still the flagship trip for a true Intrepid experience.
- Experience rural Thai life with homestays and a multi-day trek through scenic hilltribe villages
- Even the transport on this trip is an adventure – discover the joys of travelling on overnight sleeper trains, longtail boats, songthaew and rafthouses
- Visit the home of the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’, learn about its dark history and the construction of the railway during the war
- Be guided throughout by an experienced local leader, like Naa: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/naa-intrepid-leader-thailand/