Escape the everyday with this four-day adventure to the Blue Mountains and Southern Highlands of NSW with Intrepid. Pass though heritage towns and hike to the dramatic falls of the mountain wilderness, then learn the story of spectacular rock formations from the Traditional Owners. Feast on local produce direct from the producers, and look over the spectacular Kangaroo Valley (maybe with a nearby wombat). Be lucky to spot a platypus in the wild and spend some time visiting bushfire affected areas, a chance to see how locals are bouncing back and support the community. Enjoy a memorable First Nations food experience under the stars, and take the time to enjoy laidback Jervis Bay with a nature cruise.
- Discover the local Gundungurra story behind the Three Sisters, one region’s most iconic geological formations, on a Blue Mountains walk.
- Support the recovery of bushfire-affected towns, and enjoy the bounty of a Southern Highlands harvest with wine, cider and mead tastings, plus a gourmet lunch, at local producers.
- Get back to nature with waterfall walks, a nature spotting wildlife cruise on Jervis Bay, and maybe if you’re lucky spot a wild platypus on a ranger-led hike.
- Experience an immersive Indigenous food experience around the campfire under the stars.
- Learn how fire and traditional knowledge plays an important part in land management of the land as part of unique First Nations bush experience.