Cycle the NSW South Coast from cosmopolitan Wollongong to charming Kiama, enjoying spectacular views, ancient rock formations, pristine beaches and fascinating heritage along the way. Just a stone’s throw from busy Sydney, the South Coast is an ideal place to ride. From the protected coastal bike path to laidback Thirroul, to the inspiring views atop the Illawarra Escarpment and the largest Buddhist monastery in the Southern Hemisphere, this trip has something for everyone at a pace everyone can enjoy. And there’s plenty to do off the bike as well!
- Cycle the stunning NSW South Coast under the expert guidance of a local leader and enjoy the perfect mix of adventure both on and off the bike.
- Ride the flat, traffic-free cycling path from popular Wollongong to laidback Thirroul alongside some of the South Coast’s most spectacular beaches.
- Catch incredible views of the Pacific Ocean and sandstone cliff faces from atop the Illawarra Escarpment – a sight that’s well worth the cycle up!
- Discover both local sites and local life as you explore charming coastal towns and sample some of the finest produce Australia has to offer.
- Combine biking and hiking with a visit to the impressive Bombo Headland Quarry Geological Site, where hexagonal columns of basalt jut up straight out of the ocean.