Is there a better way to enjoy South Australia’s renowned wine country than on a bicycle? If there is, we’re yet to find it. Just a short distance from cosmopolitan Adelaide, this is a region well known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and of course delicious red and white wines. This cycling trip takes in the best of it at a pace set to enjoy rather than race. Get started in the very heart of vibrant Adelaide, one of the world’s most liveable cities, then transport out to the nearby yet distinct wine regions. From the Barossa Valley – home of Australia’s best-known red wine – to the northern Clare Valley (ripe for a drop of Riesling), south to the birthplace of South Australia’s wine industry, McLaren Vale, and west to the stunning Glenelg Beach, it’s not just the wine that is diverse. The varied scenery, easy network of cycling paths, and support vehicle make this a trip for every rider.
- Make the most of possibly our most relaxed cycling tour – ride just the best bits and be transported for the rest.
- Experience the icons of Australian food and wine with visits to the likes of Penfolds, Maggie Beers, Seppeltsfield, and more.
- Cycle on mostly traffic-free trails along the Clare Valley’s Riesling Rail Trail, the Barossa Trail, and the Coast to Vines Shiraz Rail Trail in McLaren Vale.
- Kick back in cosmopolitan Adelaide, one of the nine Great Wine Capitals of the World.
- Discover more than just wine in the stunning and diverse scenery, from beautiful rural landscapes and historic sandstone cityscapes, stunning sandy beaches, to some of the finest local produce Australia has to offer.
- Cycle in the company of an experienced guide as they share their unique perspective of this fascinating region.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, World Bicycle Relief. Donations provide school kids, health workers, and farmers in far-out areas with bicycles that provide access to education, healthcare, and income.