Renowned for its magnificent vineyards framed by the Brokenback Ranges, the Hunter Valley is Australia’s oldest wine region and well known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and delicious wine. This cycling trip takes in the best of it at a pace set to enjoy the experience rather than get your heart racing. Unpack once in the historic town of Cessnock, then use your bike to meander through wine country along the Wine Eco Trail and the new ‘Around Hermitage Wine & Food Trail’, delve into First Nations Wonnarua history at a nearby winery, and rediscover the joy of pedalling through one of the most gorgeous wine regions in the country.
- Unpack once and base yourself on a 4 star hotel in Cessnock, laid back gateway to the Hunter Valley, where a hot shower and comfy bed awaits you each night.
- Cycle the Wine Eco Trail which showcases half a dozen cellar doors along a 3 kilometre scenic tree-lined and nature-filled lane.
- Ride along small farm roads and tracks up to the Bimbadeen Lookout for panoramic views over the Hunter Valley .
- Cycle the new Around Hermitage Wine & Food Trail, sampling stunning wines and fresh produce along the way.
- Experience a unique opportunity to learn about the oldest living culture on earth at nearby vineyard