Head straight into the wilds of the Kimberley region on this five-day family-friendly Top End adventure. This often overlooked and untouched part of Australia’s outback is thriving with unique wildlife, rugged cliffs, gigantic gorges and clear waterholes for young – and old – kids to explore. Learn of the area’s myths and legends, stake out your next pristine swimming spot, try your hand at some local artwork and relax beside the campfire to watch the Kimberley night sky come alive in swathes of stars above. And what’s more, you won’t need to worry about directions or most meals as our local team has got all of that covered. All you need is to be ready for an incredible Aussie adventure!
- Your whole family will be spoilt with the amount of places to swim and explore in the Kimberley. On the cards are Windjana Gorge, Galvans Gorge, Manning Gorge and more!
- Learn of the mysterious legend of the Aboriginal freedom fighter who hid out in the Tunnel Creek cave system as you explore the same paths on a guided nature walk.
- Spend quality time sharing stories and toasting marshmallows around a campfire as the night sky in the Kimberley lights up with stars you’ll never have seen at home.
- During your hike through in the Windjana Gorge National Park, you and your leader will go in search of resident freshwater crocodiles in the area. Be sure to keep your distance!
- Get the opportunity to appreciate the works of local Indigenous artists as you stop by Norval Art Gallery in Derby. Kids – you may even have time to try some out yourself!