Tasmania may be just across the ditch from mainland Australia, but when it comes to standout scenery, unique wildlife and intriguing history, this island is a world away. This 9-day adventure will weave you through must-sees and lesser-known treasures, with a local leader to provide expert knowledge at every step. Set off from the historic city of Launceston, hike the coastal trails of Narawntapu and Rocky Cape national parks and explore the prehistoric Tarkine Rainforest. Hit the markets in Hobart, sample the homegrown flavours of Bruny Island, learn about the region’s colonial past and explore a rugged, wild coastline shaped over the centuries by the southern seas.
- Discover Tasmania’s Cradle Coast, from the ancient landscapes of Rocky Cape National Park to the stunning stretch of ocean at the Edge of the World, with plenty of stops along the famed tasting trail.
- Explore the country’s oldest temperate rainforest with a visit to the Tarkine, home to unique species that have evolved over hundreds of millions of years – a living connection to the Gondwana supercontinent.
- Learn about the rich Aboriginal heritage and spiritual connections of Tasmania’s northern landmarks and national parklands.
- See the highlights of the picturesque Tasman Peninsula, such as the rocky formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen, the secluded Crescent Bay and the tragically historic Port Arthur.
- Delight in the rugged beauty and delicious flavours of Bruny Island as you sample local delicacies and explore national parkland where towering cliffs fall away into the crashing sea.