Fresh air, fantastic company and a front row seat to some of Australia’s most memorable scenery – this six-day jaunt through Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park is sure to inspire awe. Let a local leader guide you through hundreds of millions of years of geological history as you walk along valleys, explore gorges and tackle mountains. From your base at the ancient natural amphitheatre of Wilpena Pound, discover a world of rugged landscapes, unique wildlife and views worth climbing for.
- Spend four nights in the heart of the Flinders Ranges, staying at a resort on the fringes of Wilpena Pound, a remarkable natural amphitheatre formed over millions of years.
- Embark on a scenic hike from Dutchmans Stern, passing through sugar gum forest and she-oak woodlands to be rewarded with incredible views of the surrounding plains.
- Travel with a local leader who will let you in on little-known facts, share stories of the ancient landscapes and help to spot the weird and wonderful wildlife that call this place home.
- Look out for parrots, cockatoos, galahs and eagles as you hike through a scenic gorge towards the Blinman Pools, the perfect place to cool off with a dip in a natural swimming hole.
- Of all the incredible views the Flinders Ranges offer, the one from the peak of Mt Ohlssen Bagge might just top them all. Climb to the summit of the mountain to take in a sight you won’t forget.