Get ready for a 29-day Lonely Planet Experience through Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama, powered by Intrepid. From oceans teeming with marine life to tropical forests alive with jungle melodies, this pocket of Central America is truly a natural paradise. Whether you’re shopping in colonial Antigua, exploring the intricately carved structures at Copan or taking a night hike up an active volcano at La Fortuna, this trip gives you real insight into the heart and soul of Central America.
- Experience an El Salvador of the past in the colonial Suchitoto, before savouring the blissful present on the black-sand beaches along its Pacific Coast.
- Hike, cycle or zip-line through the steamy cloud forest of Monteverde in Costa Rica. Discover a lush environment filled with hundreds of mammal, bird and plant species.
- Dial the relaxation up a notch with three nights on Isla Colon, Panama. Use your base in Bocas del Toro to explore mangroves, snorkel with turtles and chill on white beaches.
- Waterfalls, wildflowers, hot springs and mountains – beautiful Boquete has it all. Choose to tour a coffee plantation, ride a bike along a river or take a relaxing walk through the forest.
- Get off the beaten track and ride the remote waves of surfy Santa Catalina. If you'd prefer to stay dry, there's a beachside hammock with your name on it.