Stroll along striking black-sand beaches and through steamy tropical rainforests as you mosey your way around Central America. This is a trip full of outdoors adventure and local know-how. Whether you’re shopping in colonial Antigua, exploring the intricately carved structures at Copan or relaxing by the sea in El Salvador, get local insight with likeminded travellers during this incredible nine-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. It’s colourful, it’s local and it’s unforgettable – get ready for a Central American fiesta.
- Cover four different countries on this epic Latin adventure. With a local leader helping you out with an informal Spanish lesson, you’ll be ordering your own ‘cerveza’ and chatting with locals in no time.
- Discover Central America – a land of mysterious Maya ruins, active volcanoes, idyllic beaches and emerald jungles – with plenty of independence and the freedom to choose your own adventure.
- Experience an El Salvador of the past in the colonial town of Suchitoto, before hitting the waves and savouring the present on the black-sand beaches of El Cuco.
- Absorb the nonstop buzz of Leon – a Nicaraguan centre of vibrant mural-lined streets, fiery debate in the plazas, eclectic art galleries and a pulsating nightlife.
- Dive into the heart of Granada – possibly the most laidback and accessible city in Central America – full of colour and culture, and an ideal spot to consider extending your adventure.