Mexico, Belize and Guatemala – three very tight amigos. Play like a player in Playa del Carmen and take it nice and easy in Tulum. Delve into island life and the pristine underwater worlds in Belize. Check out the temples of Tikal, the markets of Chichicastenango and the lake vistas of Santa Cruza La Laguna.
You’ll need some essential Spanish to get you by:
– It is hot, isn’t it? – Hace calor, verdad?
– A beer, please – Una cerveza, por favor
– I love you Miguel – Te quiero Miguel
- This overland adventure allows you to see some of the best of Central America in one trip, covering parts of Mexico, Belize and Guatemala.
- Extended time in Caye Caulker and Antigua offers the perfect opportunity to enjoy laidback island vibes as well as buzzing colonial city life.
- There's nothing quite like eating with a local family to really experience a place. At dinner you'll be experiencing traditional Guatemalan hospitality while improving your Spanish with the locals.
- There are many sides to Central America, and you’ll get a taste of a few: slumbering poolside by Playa del Carmen, gazing at the pyramids of Tikal or haggling in the markets of Chichicastenango.
- Oh Maya, travelling in the Guatemalan Highlands is a humbling experience.