This tour takes you ashore at Croatia’s lesser-known gems. Discover the underground military cave system on Vis, built under Yugoslav occupation, and the near-empty beaches of Lastovo. Visit a traditional salt farm that harvests the sea’s flavour and oyster beds that grow the local delicacies. Explore the trails that run through lush Mljet National Park, as well as the famed walls of Dubrovnik’s Old City. Spend 8 days cruising from port to port, taking in classic view of glittering ocean and charming islands along with the offbeat sights the big ships don’t see.
- Cruise into the hidden world of the Blue Cave, the eerily illuminated grotto that lies off Bisevo Island.
- Tour the honeycomb underground tunnels of Vis, created to service the secret comings and goings of the Yugoslav military presence that left following Croat independence.
- Sip and swish Croat varietals during a wine tasting at a local winery on Lastovo, a small island were few tourists venture.
- Escape the crowds and get back to nature in Mljet National Park, where among the evergreen forest and turquoise lakes there are quiet ruins.
- Even though this trip is about under-touristed wonders, we still fit in a tour of the famed city walls of Dubrovnik’s Old Town.