Veer off the beaten track and discover some of Central Europe’s up-and-coming hotspots on this ten-day adventure. Starting off in cultured and cosmopolitan Budapest, travel to the Serbian capital of Belgrade for a taste of a city on the rise. Learn about Bosnia and Herzegovina’s war years in Sarajevo, stop by the famed Old Bridge of Mostar and finish things up in medieval Dubrovnik of Game of Thrones fame. Melding the past with the present and the raw with the cultivated, this Balkans adventure gives you the power to see Central Europe your way, with a local leader on hand to steer you in the right direction.
- Delve into the communist past and progressive present of the Pearl of the Danube - Budapest, a city often underrated by travellers
- Visit Novi Sad on the banks of the Danube River and maybe explore the Petrovaradin Fortress – one of the most important landmarks in the city with a great view over the river. Then, immerse yourself in the edgy street scene of Belgrade's Bohemian Quarter.
- Explore the sobering Tito’s Bunker in Mostar – an underground facility that served as Yugoslavia's ‘Atomic War Command,’ designed to house a skeleton government who would manage the country in the event of nuclear war.
- Admire the restored architecture of UNESCO World Heritage-listed Kotor in Montenegro on a climb along the ancient city fortifications. Then, discover the glittering Bay of Kotor in your free time.
- Hit the historic hotspot of Dubrovnik along Croatia’s Dalmatian coastline. With medieval walls, Game of Thrones tours, hidden swimming coves and alleyway restaurants, this is the perfect spot to end your adventure.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Humana Zagreb. Donations help provide job opportunities and education programs in sustainable fashion and textiles for people with disabilities.