On this eight-day journey through Slovenia and Croatia, you’ll dine on delicious local delicacies in some of the most beautiful places in eastern Europe. Make your way through the Slovenian countryside, stopping along the way to learn the local tips and tricks for perfecting their most famous and beloved dishes. Travel south into Istria, tasting local wines, fresh seafood and fruits and vegetables. Meet Benedictine nuns who make jams and preserves out of the produce they grow in the nunnery and explore the olive groves of an organic farm that preserves the traditional production methods. End it all over breakfast, overlooking the landscape that connects these two incredible countries, and leave this gorgeous part of the world full, happy and with memories (and recipes) to take home with you.
- Dine with a local family in the village of Rakovica, experiencing a slice of life in Croatia and enjoying a home-cooked local dish.
- Learn how to make traditional soparnik, a popular Croatian dish, prepared by a local family who regularly supplies the dish for events and festivals in town.
- Meet the people who create and produce regional delicacies across Slovenia and Croatia, from truffle farmers to Benedictine nuns who grow fresh fruits and vegetables in their nunnery.
- Explore stunning landscapes, villages, towns and cities, immersing yourself in the culture of Split, Bled, Zadar, Rovinj and Motovun.
- Eat regional delicacies in the places they’re produced. Hunt for your own truffles, sip on glasses of local wine, taste the cured meats and cheeses iconic to the region and savour local deserts that will set your tastebuds alight.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Humana Zagreb. Donations help provide job opportunities and education programs in sustainable fashion and textiles for people with disabilities.