Embark on an 11-day food inspired journey through Slovenia and Croatia and delight in the culinary mastery of this region, while seeing what these countries have to offer. Visit salt pans, a truffle farm, wineries, fishing villages and so much more. Discover why Istria is considered one of the world’s leading producers of quality olive oil, eat mouth-watering, slow-cooked meat cooked Dalmatian-style under a metal bell, raise a glass of refosk (Slovenian wine) or slivovitz (plum brandy) with your small group, and shout ‘zivjeli!’ to the simple, home-style cuisine this region is famous for.
- Explore the major food regions of Istria and Dalmatia to indulge in cured meats, olive oils, wine, truffles, cheese and more.
- Delve into the diverse world of food that lies beneath Slovenia’s fairytale landscape, and find out why this country has more than 20 distinct culinary regions.
- Get to know some of the emerging heroes of the Eastern European wine scene like teran, refosk, grk, marastina and kurtelaska bijela – and try to pronounce them after a few glasses!
- Visit the lush Croatian island of Korcula – surrounded by the sparkling Adriatic and full of local produce, you’ll have time to experience the cuisine and get some well-needed relaxation on one of its many beaches.
- Take a cooking class in Ljubljana to indulge in Slovenian favourites, and learn how to make local hand-rolled pasta in a small village on Korcula.