Discover the mountainous and natural beauty of Slovenia and Croatia with an eight-day Peregrine adventure through its heart. Beginning in the maze of canals in Venice, explore the beaming waters of Lake Bled and the underground world of the Postojna Caves. Ride the cable car up Mt Vogel for views over Lake Bohinj, and appreciate the caves and waterfalls abound in Plitvice Lakes National Park. Indulge in the epicurean delights like truffles and wine in Istra and the varied seafood along the Dalmatian Coast and be sure to soak up some rays and swim in the sparkling Adriatic. Let Croatia and Slovenia enchant you on this fulfilling small-group adventure.
- Arrive in style! Your airport arrival transfer in Venice is by private water taxi. Glide into the centre of Venice by boat to gain an appropriate sense of perspective of this unique city from the water… don’t forget to keep your camera handy!
- Enter the fantastical underground world of the Postojna Caves – one of the longest karst caverns in the world – home to strange rock formations and creatures like an eye-less salamander
- Ride the cable car up Mt Vogel for exceptional views over the astonishingly beautiful Lake Bohinj and the foothills of the mighty Alps
- Soak up the vibrancy of Zadar and experience the deep Dalmatian heritage visible at every step – contrast the Roman ruins and medieval city walls with the modern sea organ and sun dial
- Truffles are a glamourous-sounding local produce in Istria. Enjoy a truffle tasting combined with local speciality dishes such as fuži (Istrian pasta), fritaja (Croatian omelette) or our producer’s somewhat exotic truffle ice cream! Your sommelier will pair your tasting with suitable Istrian wines to try.