Welcome to road cycling – the Intrepid way. This trip takes you from the Jura Mountains to the mighty French Alps as you ride through the same terrain as the Tour de France. Earn your bragging rights as you conquer the legendary climbs of the Croix de Fer, Col d’Izoard and the true legends of the Col du Galibier and the iconic 21 hairpins of the Alpe d’Huez. This is a trip to test your cycling skills but rewards you with sublime Alpine vistas, thrilling downhills, great company and an excuse to eat as much French pastry as you want!
- Experience the sublime Lacets de Montvernier – often described as one of the most beautiful roads in professional cycling
- Tackle the 21 hairpins of the Alpe d'Huez, the most famous climb known to the world of two wheels
- Ascend the Col du Galibier, the ultra-high mountain route once described by Tour de France champion Andy Schleck as ‘like riding into the sky’
- Cycle in the midst of towering snow-capped massifs, postcard-perfect lakes, and meadows dotted with shepherd’s stone huts – not to mention the strange wind-carved rocks of the Col d'Izoard
- Ride at your own pace in some of the most stunning scenery in cycling