Welcome to road cycling – the Intrepid way. This trip takes you to the border of France and Spain and the mighty Pyrenees Mountains as you ride through the same terrain as the Tour de France and the Vuelta de Espana. Earn your bragging rights as you conquer the easier climbs of the Col du Port, Col de Mente and the true legends of the Col de Peyresourde and Col d’Aspin, and of course the mighty Col Du Tourmalet as well as some hidden gems that only local cyclists know. This is a trip to test your cycling skills and fitness but rewards you with sublime Pyrenean vistas, thrilling downhills, great company and an excuse to eat as much French pastry as you want!
- Start out with easier climbs to get used to cycling in the mountains before tackling the truly challenging climbs later in the week
- Ascend the mighty Col du Tourmalet, the most popular mountain pass in Tour de France history and highest pass in the Pyrenees
- Stay in small Pyrenean villages and towns whose people, character and charm never fail to capture your heart
- Test your legs on the steep slopes and switchbacks of the Col de Peyresourde to be rewarded with stunning views of the Midi-Pyrenees
- Let your local cycling leader take you along the road less travelled