Explore the local ways of island life with this five-day Intrepid Retreats experience to the heart of the Cyclades. From the ancient treasures of Athens, cross the Aegean to Syros in search of secluded coves and spectacular sunsets. Feel like part of the community with your comfortable, family-run base in the heart of Ermoupoli, and take the time to explore the streets that blend whitewashed houses with colourful mansions and imposing churches. Hike to hilltop viewpoints, and take a day trip to the glamour isle of Mykonos. Don’t forget to savour iconic flavours and taste tradition with a healthy helping of delicious Greek cuisine.
- Bring the history and stories of Ancient Greece to life with the insider knowledge of a local host on a visit to the world-famous Acropolis.
- Uncover stunning views and the local way of life with hikes through the island’s charming hilltop villages, from the fortress-like Ano Syros to the cave dwellings of ancient philosophers.
- Taste the traditional flavours of the island with a dinner as you watch a Syros sunset over the Aegean and Rembetika music floats around you.
- Soak up the atmosphere of Mykonos on a day trip, and enjoy the ability to escape its crowds back on secluded Syros.
- Learn the secrets behind Syros sweets at a family-run loukoumia workshop, discovering the island’s history and tradition in the flavours of rose, mastic and bergamot.