The island of Crete has so much history and natural wonder to offer to a curious traveller. And in seven days on its shores, you’ll see what’s known as Europe’s oldest city, taste some of the region’s best food and wine, and discover some of the world’s most picturesque beaches. From Heraklion, visit the famous archaeological site of Knossos, hike through forests and gorges, unwind in the secluded seaside village of Sougia, and sip wine in the vibrant port city of Chania to show you what makes the island so special. So quintessentially ‘Greece’ and so full of life, the best of Crete is waiting.
- Did you know that Crete is home to Europe’s oldest city? From Heraklion, head to the famous ruins and archaeological site of Knossos – the former capital of Minoan Crete.
- Uncover the real Crete during visits to its quiet corners. We’ve partnered with non-profit organisation MEET to bring you an ecotourism experience in the delightful village of Agios Ioannis. Spend an evening dining in a local restaurant to the soundtrack of live traditional music and stay the night in a guesthouse with a welcoming local family.
- Get off the beaten path – literally – during a visit to the charming fishing village of Sougia. Hike, swim, or relax on the beach with a cold drink in hand.
- Visit the colourful port town of Chania and discover one of its most loved commodities during a visit to a local winery for a wonderful tasting experience.
- Explore Crete’s natural wonders on foot during a hike through the Agia Irini Gorge, learning about its historical significance and rare wildlife as you go.