Much like a fine baklava, modern day Greece is layered with history so rich and complex that the only way to do it justice is to see it for yourself. Explore the country with a local leader and learn how the spectacular hanging monasteries of Meteora protected modern Hellenic culture from invading Turks, then trace a path through tumble-down ruins in Delphi. Visit the site of the world’s first Olympics, stop in at pretty seaside villages in Nafplion, and discover the secrets behind Greek honey and ouzo, all on this whirlwind adventure.
- Step back in time as you travel with your local leader to the Athens Acropolis, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Prodromos monastery, where you’ll enjoy a coffee with a local monk during a Premium Exclusive Experience.
- Be amazed by the magical monasteries and ancient rock pinnacles of Meteora and learn about the natural and cultural history of one of Greece's most extraordinary sights.
- Experience the romantic side of Greece when you stay in a gorgeous and traditionally decorated stone mansion in the medieval village of Dimitsana – your Feature Stay for this trip.
- Visit the legendary theatres of the very first Olympic Games – the stadium, gymnasium, wrestling school, priest houses, temples and hippodrome.
- Get an insider’s look at Greek produce during an Exclusive Experience. Visit a family of beekeepers in Itea to learn about the craft and taste honey fresh from the hive.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Amurtel, who provide a safe space for refugee women and children in Greece. Donations help them provide antenatal and postnatal care programs run by qualified midwives.