Want a big adventure in a short amount of time? Travel to Iceland and explore the ancient land of Vikings and volcanoes on this five-day Lonely Planet Experience. Traverse the Golden Circle and marvel at the explosive power of the Geysir Geothermal Area and Gulfoss waterfall. Walk the black sand beaches of the Jokulsarlon lagoon and decide whether take an optional walk on the mighty Myrdalsjokull glacier. This fast-paced adventure focuses on the natural, untamed beauty of Iceland – taking you straight to the heart of the action with a local leader by your side.
- This five-day tour is perfect for those who are after an express jaunt around to Iceland’s hotspots. See the wonders including the Golden Circle, southern Vik, and Jokulsarlon’s glacial lagoon.
- Explore Reynisfjara, the famous beach where black sand meets towering basalt columns and rocky cliffs where seabirds rest.
- Spend time exploring Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon, perhaps walking along nearby Diamond Beach where chunks of icebergs wash up on the black sand, or opting for a lagoon cruising experience.
- Stand at the bottom of Skogafoss – a waterfall with a 60-metre cascade – then hike along a winding wooden staircase to the fall’s crest for views of the coastline.
- Spend the night in a local guesthouse that is leading the way in sustainable Icelandic tourism, with the chance to give back to the environment by planting trees to combat deforestation and soil erosion.