Visit the highlights and hotspots of Iceland’s Golden Circle on a five-day loop from Reykjavik. And when we say hotspots, we really mean it. Whether you’re soaking in the warm waters of the Blue Lagoon, marvelling at the bursts of the Strokkur Geysir or standing at the foot of the erupting Fagradalsfjall volcano, this adventure is sure to be off the scale. But it wouldn’t be the land of fire and ice without visits to the Solheimajokull Glacier and a series of chillingly beautiful waterfalls. To see another side of life in Iceland, you’ll stay on a sustainable working farm and travel with an expert local leader who’ll show you what makes their country one of the world’s most inviting.
- See all the sights that make Iceland’s famous Golden Circle so celebrated, from Gulfoss Waterfall to Strokkur Geysir and Thingvellir National Park, and take a detour to the erupting Fagradalsfjall volcano.
- Come face to face with one of Europe’s largest ice caps during an adventurous walk over the Solheimajokull Glacier, allowing you to really appreciate its mighty size.
- Stay on a sustainably run working farm and enjoy farm-to-table meals, and do your bit by planting a tree on the farm to contribute to your hosts’ carbon offsetting efforts.
- There are few things more quintessentially Icelandic than soaking in a geothermal pool – experience it for yourself during a visit to the iconic Blue Lagoon hot springs.
- Visit a geothermal bakery for a food experience like no other. Discover how rye bread is cooked beneath the ground by hot black sand and sample a delicious piece yourself.