This section of Ireland packs a real cultural and historical punch. Welcome to the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula – a land of rolling hills, serene beaches, national park and lakeside castles, all ready for you to explore. Embark on a five-day Intrepid adventure from Dublin, heading to the charming and historic Killarney region, along the rugged Ring of Kerry, and arriving at the scenic Dingle Peninsula. On the way, appreciate the history and local lore of Ross Castle, meet a custodian of Sean-nós singing in Dingle town, and spend the evenings doing as locals do – a hearty meal a the pub. It’s a quintessential Irish experience in its southwest reaches, but with some unique inclusions and a local leader to show you the best of what’s around.
- Explore the rugged coast of the Ring of Kerry and Dingle Peninsula, with plenty of time spent walking by the clifftops and stopping at scenic viewpoints. This is the best of Europe’s most westerly reaches.
- Gain an insight into the O’Donoghue clan and historical significance of the Killarney region with an included private visit to Ross Castle, situated on the banks of Lough Leane.
- Be treated to a traditional Gaelic experience, joining with a custodian of Sean-nós singing in Dingle town. They will explain the importance of their music and show you their craft, sung in the Irish language.
- Meet with a seaweed expert on your way to the Dingle Peninsula, taking a walk along the beach and discovering the region’s history, as well as the importance of seaweed foraging. Seaweed-based snacks included!
- An Irish adventure wouldn’t be complete without some hearty pub visits. Enjoy an included meal at a traditional pub in Killarney. You'll have plenty of time to keep exploring – or eating – at your own pace.