Welcome to road cycling – the Intrepid way. This trip takes you from the jagged Dolomite Mountains to the mighty Italian Alps as you ride through the same terrain as the Giro d’Italia. Earn your bragging rights as you conquer the legendary climbs of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo, Passo Gavia, Passo Pordoi, Mortirolo and the iconic hairpins of the Passo Stelvio. Add the 100 hairpins of the stunning Sella Ronda route, a visit to the Ghisallo, home of the Patron Saint of Cycling, plus uncover some hidden gems that only local cyclists know about, and you’ve got the perfect Italian road cycling trip. This is an adventure that will test your cycling skills while rewarding you with sublime mountain vistas, thrilling downhills, great company and an excuse to eat as much pizza, pasta and gelato as you want!
- Cycle in the tyre tracks of the Giro d’Italia and up (and down) some of the world’s best climbs
- Challenge yourself to the 48 hairpins of the mighty Passo Stelvio, Italy’s most famous climb
- Visit the church of the Madonna di Ghisallo, the ‘Patron Saint of Cycling
- Discover some hidden gems that only local cyclists (and our leader) know about
- Ride at your own pace in some of the most stunning scenery in cycling