Welcome to road cycling – the Intrepid way. This trip takes you from the jagged Dolomite Mountains to the mighty Italian Alps as you ride through the same terrain as the Giro d’Italia. Earn your bragging rights as you conquer the legendary climbs of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo, Passo Gavia, Passo Pordoi, Mortirolo and the iconic hairpins of the Passo Stelvio. Add the 100 hairpins of the stunning Sella Ronda route, a visit to the Ghisallo, home of the Patron Saint of Cycling, plus uncover some hidden gems that only local cyclists know about, and you’ve got the perfect Italian road cycling trip. This is an adventure that will test your cycling skills while rewarding you with sublime mountain vistas, thrilling downhills, great company and an excuse to eat as much pizza, pasta and gelato as you want!
- Cycle in the tyre tracks of the Giro d’Italia, and up (and down) some of the world’s best climbs, including the 48 hairpins of the mighty Passo Stelvio – Italy’s most famous ascent.
- Ride at your own pace among some of the most stunning scenery known to cycling and discover some hidden gems that only local cyclists (and your leader) know about!
- Visit the church of the Madonna di Ghisallo – the ‘Patron Saint of Cycling’ and witness an amazing collection of cycling memorabilia from cycling legends including Fausto Coppi and Eddy Merckx.
- Cycle the 100 hairpins of the stunning Sella Ronda route, possibly the best day you'll ever have on a bike.
- Enjoy a free day to relax and rest your legs in the beautiful town of Bormio, or if you can’t get enough of the wide-open road, take the opportunity to ascend the Stelvio along an alternate route.