Italians are the masters of creating simple dishes that sing with flavour. Regional, seasonal and as fresh as possible, Italy’s cuisine is simple, satisfying and made with heart. On this food odyssey, you get the best of the northern and southern Italian cuisine. Dine on a converted fishing platform on the Adriatic Sea, take in the sights of the cave city of Matera while learning to cook with the locals, sample olive oil and homemade wine at a small, family-run farm just outside of Rome and munch mozzarella cheese, sip limoncello and learn to prepare the world’s best pizza in the place where it was born. Indulge in the diverse array of unforgettable food you’ll find on this adventure that travels from Venice to Naples.
- Italy is an epicurean paradise, but as a visitor it can be hard to escape the tourist traps. Your group leaders will give you an insider's guide and all the local knowledge.
- Tasting the real balsamic vinegar in an attic acetaia is a revelation – it'll be hard to go back to the mass-produced version after this!
- Make lunch with a family that lives just outside of Rome, sampling homemade wine and olive oil before sitting down for a farmhouse-style feast.
- In Bari, join a local expert for a masterclass where you will learn to make Apulian focaccia and the famous orecchiette (pasta shaped like ‘little ears’).
- Lose yourself in the ancient cave-city of Matera, which sits dramatically on the edge of the Gravina gorge.