Just like the cork from a bottle of bubbly, this four-day Intrepid Retreat in the north of Italy is popping (with tastes and sights). Base yourself in the heart of historic Treviso, the canalled sister city to its more famous neighbour, and make the most of the quieter atmosphere. Walk under the shady arcades, past Venetian villas and faded frescoes while you try tiramisu in its home. Head out to the Prosecco producing hills of the surrounding countryside and get a taste of the local vintage, then contrast winelands with waterways with time to uncover the sights and traditional bites of Venice.
- Get a true taste of Veneto as you explore the terraced vineyards and rolling hills of the home of Prosecco, supporting local wineries and sampling on some of the world’s best bubbly.
- Take advantage of a whole day to explore the maze of alleyways, canals and lagoon islands of Venice.
- Make the most of your host's local knowledge with a backstreets walking tour of Venice, snacking on cicchetti and sipping on vino in a typical community osteria.
- See the canals of Treviso and the beauty of the Sile River from the saddle with a rejuvenating morning bike ride.
- Enjoy the sights and bites from gelato to tiramisu of historic Treviso, and enjoy the comfort and ease of returning to the same accommodation right in the heart of the city.