It’s remarkable that Italy, where tradition runs so strong and deep, is where some of the world’s most progressive, innovative and exquisite vegan food experiences can be had. Join Intrepid’s very first vegan-themed trip in Europe, from Venice to Rome, and discover why Italy positively excels at vegan food. It’s more than just the olive oil and bread, more than just the funghi and pappardelle and espresso and gelato – it’s the dedicated producers at all levels of hospitality that have taken up the movement with gusto and zero compromise, from the backstreets of Venice to the rolling hills of Tuscany. Come and see how Italians do it better, especially when they are bucking the trends and rewriting the rules.
- Kick things off in style with a welcome dinner in Venice’s first vegan restaurant, La Tecia Vegana. This tucked-away gem combines old-school, white-tablecloth Italian dining with a superbly innovative vegan menu
- Get hands-on in the famous foodie town of Bologna. Partake in a vegan cooking class with an experienced local cook, hitting the local market beforehand to source fresh local ingredients
- Discover UNESCO World Heritage-listed San Gimignano, a gorgeous town in the hills of Tuscany. This ‘medieval Manhattan’ is a pretty good backdrop for a wine museum tour and a sample of the world’s best gelato
- Two nights in a unique all-vegan villa in the hills of Tuscany is a getaway to remember. Think solid oak furniture made locally by hand; exquisitely crafted interiors of chalk, clay, hemp and linen; panoramic views of the rolling countryside and an organic farm-to-table vegan feast
- Rome is the perfect place to finish – it’s a big town, but a veritable smorgasbord of vegan delights if you know where to find them (and we do). After a farewell dinner in a beloved local restaurant with 30 years under its belt, this legendary city is yours to explore