Sample some of southern Europe’s finest cuisine on this 14-day adventure. Starting on the southern coast of Croatia, island hop your way from Split to Dubrovnik. Along the way taste hand-rolled pasta, sugary walnut cakes and plates of fresh seafood. Then, head inland and browse some of the Balkans’ best culinary offerings. Dine on homemade meals and share stories with your hosts in North Macedonia, meet the makers behind famous Njegusi smoked hams in Montenegro and sample the charcuterie of Croatia. With plenty of beautiful backdrops, these meals will be sure to stick in your memory.
- Take a day trip to the island of Brac and indulge in the finest organic olive oils from the largest olive grove in Croatia, followed by a sugared walnut cake that has become ‘a protected item of intangible heritage’!
- Experience an authentic taste of the Balkans and a look at local life when you dine in family homes in Ohrid, Lake Prespa and Dihovo.
- See behind the scenes of local produce when you visit a centuries-old smokehouse, an olive mill, an apple farm and meet a local beekeeper for a honey tasting.
- Learn how to make a hand-formed pasta shape in a local konoba, before cooking and eating your creation with lunch.
- Visit iconic Croatian cities Split and Dubrovnik and explore the stunning landscapes and charming cities of the Balkans, discovering the legendary Rozafa Fortress.