This award-winning and popular expedition cruise takes you from high above the Arctic Circle in Spitsbergen, Norway, to Scoresbysund on the northeast coast of Greenland, ending in fascinating Iceland. Iconic arctic animals such as the polar bear, musk ox, reindeer and walrus are commonly seen. From active volcanoes to massive glaciers to the best sites for wildlife spotting, this adventure takes in varied destinations. If you want to experience the Arctic in all of its beauty, then you must venture to these Three Arctic Islands.
Length: 90 metres
Passenger Capacity: 118
Built / refurbished: 1975 / 1998 / 2017 - re-named to the Ocean Adventurer in June 2017
The new and improved Ocean Adventurer is designed to carry 132 travelers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world. Originally built in Yugoslavia in 1976, this nimble, ice-strengthened ship has become a passenger favourite over the years and underwent refurbishments in 1999 and 2002 with the most significant being in 2017.
With the latest rounds of refurbishments guests will enjoy:
• A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship.
• The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites.
• All existing cabins will be furnished with all new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms.
• Main common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room will be remodeled as well as the Bar.
• Major technical enhancements – include two new Rolls Royce engines, which will significantly increase fuel efficiency and minimized carbon footprint.