From watching a glittering glacier calve into Inostrantseva Bay to sailing across the icy, wildlife-filled Barents Sea, a voyage around the archipelagos of Novaya Zemlya and Franz Josef Land is the adventure to end all adventures. Starting and ending in Helsinki, this journey will take you to see some of the Russian Arctic’s most fascinating wildlife, geology and ecology. Polar bear encounters are a real possibility and there will be plenty of opportunities to spot walrus, seals, whales and wide variety of seabirds – both nesting on the icy cliffs and soaring above your ship.
- Visit Eurasia’s largest Arctic Archipelago – the striking and diverse Noyaua Zemlya – and get up close to the stunning glacier of Inostrantseva Bay.
- Search for polar bears, walrus and other wildlife in Franz Josef Land on a number of Zodiac excursions in the Arctic, led by an expert polar team.
- Learn more about the biology, geography, history and glaciology of the Russian High Arctic with a number of onboard lectures presented by your expedition crew while at sea.
- After days of spotting wildlife on deck and cruising the seas in search of rugged Arctic wilderness, relax on your fully equipped polar vessel with comfortable staterooms and multiple lounging areas.
- Explore the extraordinary mix of architectural influences and cultural sights in Finland’s capital, Helsinki, with included pre- and post-expedition accommodation.