From visiting active Arctic research stations to tracing the paths of polar explorers on foot, the Russian Arctic is full of epic polar experiences and wildlife. Starting and ending in Helsinki, this 22-day voyage will take you to unspoiled areas like Novaya Zemlya, Severnaya Zemlya and Franz Josef Land. Polar bear encounters are a real possibility and there will be plenty of opportunities to spot walrus, seals, whales and wide variety of seabirds – both nesting on the icy cliffs and soaring above your ship. Discover the stunning ecology, geology and wildlife of this icy tip of the earth, with an expert expedition crew joining you to further enhance your adventure.
- Discover the immense polar deserts of Severnaya Zemlya – a Russian archipelago sandwiched between the Barents and Kara seas.
- Get up close to the stunning glacier of Inostrantseva Bay, perhaps catching sight of calving ice plummeting into the waters below on a Zodiac excursion.
- Learn more about the biology, geography, history and glaciology of the Russian High Arctic with a number of onboard lectures presented by your expert expedition crew while at sea.
- After days of spotting wildlife on deck and cruising the seas in search of rugged Arctic wilderness, relax on your polar vessel with comfortable staterooms, multiple lounging areas and a polar library.
- Explore the extraordinary mix of architectural influences and cultural sights in Finland’s capital, Helsinki, with included pre- and post-expedition accommodation.