Want to get a taste of Spain’s enviable culture, cuisine, gorgeous cities and sunny beaches but are short on time? This week-long Spanish adventure has got you covered. After getting your fill of world-class art at Madrid’s renowned museums, head to the medieval town of Logrono, the capital of La Rioja wine region. Continue through Basque County to beautiful San Sebastian, a seaside town with great beaches, great surf and an even better food. Wrap up the journey in Barcelona, a wonderful mix of Gothic and Gaudi architecture, cultural riches and non-stop nightlife.
- The Art Walk in Madrid is every art lover's dream. In one small stretch you can browse the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, the Reina Sofia and the Prado, one of the world's most celebrated galleries
- It's easy to be consumed by the architecture, culture and vibrant nightlife of Barcelona, but the food will also leave you salivating. Traditional Catalan dishes such as fideua (similar to seafood paella) and botifarra amb mongetes (haricot beans served with sausage) taste a little like heaven. The wine isn't bad either.
- Gaudi's modern basilica, La Sagrada Familia, is like no other building in the world. Still under construction after 130 years, this Gothic masterpiece embodies Barcelona's artistic and progressive heart
- Logrono is bursting with delicious local produce and wine, just waiting to be enjoyed on an optional pintxos crawl. Delicioso!
- Take a long siesta on the golden beaches of San Sebastian, one of Spain's most scenic coastal destinations. As the sun goes down, join the crowds as they come out to play among the city's exciting nightlife.