Welcome to the Iberian Peninsula, home to some of the world’s freshest seafood, finest wines and most flavourful local produce. On this 17-day trip across Northern Spain and Portugal, tingle your tastebuds as you eat and drink your way through cities and towns made famous by their cuisine. Hop from taperias to wine bars, learn how to cook authentic and delicious local meals, explore ancient wine cellars and fresh food markets and wander the fields of a farm before sitting down to a home-cooked meal. From sweet Portuguese tarts to savoury Spanish jamon, delight all your senses on this food-forward adventure.
- Pick up some local recipes during a cooking classes in Barcelona, San Sebastian and at your farm stay in the rolling hills of the Alentejo region, whipping up regional specialties like pork with clams.
- Explore the Coa Valley, the centre of a rewilding project, and enjoy a night in a gorgeous historical guesthouse where you’ll join your hosts for a home-cooked meal of fresh, local produce.
- Tour the markets of Oviedo, Potes and A Coruna where stallholders will show you how to spot the most flavourful ingredients. After all, who knows where to find the freshest produce better than the locals?
- Sample the plates that make this region a true foodie's delight. Whether it’s tapas and paella, or regional specialty cheeses, pasteis de nata and tinned fish, your tongue and tummy will be happy you made the trip.
- Savour the vast range of delicious drops that Spain is known for, including cava, vermouth, wine and cider. Get up close and personal with their production methods, learn the traditional ways to drink them and sit back and enjoy a sip in the Spanish sunshine.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Open Arms. Donations help them safeguard the physical integrity and rights of migrant people in imminent danger who have fled their homes across the Mediterranean Sea