It’s fair to say, Scandinavia is having a moment. Perhaps several moments. With cutting edge minimalist design, five-star fusion cuisine, long life expectancy and a social system that runs like Danish clockwork, it seems every cafe, furniture store and political system on the planet can learn a thing or two from Europe’s latest hotspot. This is your chance to see it up close. From the inky Fjordlands of Norway’s coastline to the fish markets of Copenhagen, along with gems like Bergen, Lillehammer and the Swedish Lakes District. And like any well-plotted Danish drama, there’ll be a few surprises along the way.
- Norway's fjords feature some of the most stunning scenery on Earth. Cruise past waterfalls and snow-capped peaks through the narrow Naeroyfjord.
- Follow your local guide along the narrow, winding roads through genuine villages, past the typical red painted cottages and explore unique sights around Siljan lake rural settlements. You'll even get a chance to meet and mingle with the locals living in these villages.
- Take a ferry to Vrango Island, a stunning fishing town in the Gothenburg Archipelago, and discover this rocky nature haven by kayak (summer months only).
- Join a local guide and cafe-hop your way around Alingsas, a town known as the Capital of Fika (Swedish cafe and food culture). Learn of the local love affair with coffee, discover the story behind the cafe culture and, of course, treat your tastebuds to sweet Swedish delicacies.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Eden Reforestation Projects. Donations help them provide local employment opportunities and tackle climate change one tree at a time as they restore forests across 10 different countries.