Urban melting pots, clear coastal waters and ancient cities – this nine-day adventure through Turkey is the perfect way to discover a multifaceted country. Stay in Ottoman style in Istanbul, cruise the coast of Bodrum on a traditional gulet, make manti in the hillside of Selcuk, learn the art of backgammon on a train to Konya and explore the spires of Cappadocia with a local who is passionate about their history. This tour will show you the highlights of Turkey elevated by unique local touches at every turn.
- Try your hand at making the perfect manti (Turkish ravioli) and sip fruit wine in one of the best-preserved Greek Ottoman villages in the country – Sirince.
- Relax on traditional gulet as our local friends take you on a cruise to their favourite spots and cook up some classic Turkish barbecue on board.
- Go deep into Cappadocia when you explore the underground city of Kaymakli, hike the surreal fairy chimney valleys and learn about the art of rug making from a master.
- Stay in style with accommodation that includes a historical Ottoman hotel in Istanbul, located right in the heart of the Old City.
- Explore the Islamic architecture of Istanbul and the ancient streets of Ephesus with a local leader who has rigorous, multi-year training in Turkish history.