Ahhh Devon, the UK’s answer to paradise. Fairy-tale woodlands, picture-perfect villages, and some of the country’s prettiest rivers. The only tricky part is picking the best way to take it all in – on foot, on a bicycle or on the river itself. But on this four-day adventure down the River Dart and River Teign, you won’t have to choose. Starting off in Dartmoor National Park, hike, bike, canoe and paddle your way through some Devon’s most spectacular scenery, passing by ancient ruins, natural pools and gorgeous villages. When you’re not on the go you’ll have plenty of time to sit back and soak it all in – your local leader will deal with the details so you can focus on the road ahead of you and the views around you.
- A natural playground, Devon’s landscapes are overflowing with opportunities for walking, swimming, cycling, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding – come with an open mind and leave with some new skills!
- Explore the River Dart on foot, dipping into the tranquil waters of the Sharrah Pool, then paddle down its waters, stopping off for swims and beer breaks along the way.
- Cycle into the wild heart of Dartmoor National Park in search of tor rock formations – one of which is said to have inspired Sherlock Holmes’ most famous case, the Hound of the Baskervilles.
- Unpack just once and spend three wonderful nights at your accommodation – a charming hotel set on the grounds of Buckfast Abbey, on the southern slopes of Dartmoor National Park.
- Discover the wonders of the River Teign, including the Scorhill Stone Circle – with a history stretching back to the Bronze Age, this site truly is an ancient wonder.