You only have to look around to see why Scotland is praised for its natural landscapes and historic buildings. Rolling hills, rocky cliffs and undulating valleys speckled in myriad colours, pristine lochs shimmering even on the coldest of days, and castles dotted throughout the countryside as if you’ve transported back in time. With a 10-day exploration of Scotland’s highlands, lochs and villages, you’ll experience the finest of nature with the warmest of hospitality. Discover the untouched Isle of Skye, the charming Pitlochry, and hit both Scottish hubs of Glasgow and Edinburgh on your way through. With the right amount of small-group adventure, local knowledge and stunning scenery, let the Scottish Highlands enchant you.
- After a leader-led orientation walk of Glasgow, you’ll be free to explore this happening city, full of interesting neighbourhoods, free museums and cultural flair.
- Stop by famed locations around Scotland, including the Glenfinnan viaduct – famous as part of Harry Potter’s Hogwarts Express train journey through the countryside.
- You would’ve heard of Loch Ness, but discover the other lochs and waterways around Scotland, plus an optional visit to the mystical Fairy Pools on the Isle of Skye.
- Get your walking shoes on for an easy hike up the Ben Vrackie mountainside, and afterwards, learn the ropes of traditional Scottish whisky making at Blair Athol distillery.
- Let a local show your small group around the compact capital of Edinburgh on a walking tour, best enjoyed with a cup of tea and a scone, of course.