Gather the troops and embark on a trip through northern Scotland from Inverness. Through verdant countryside and past deep lochs, see the best of Scottish Highlands in six wonderful days. Stroll the grounds of Urquhart Castle on the banks of Loch Ness, paddle part of the Caledonian Canal from Fort William, and head on a number of short walks and hikes to spectacular viewpoints across the region. With plenty of active inclusions to tire the teens out, plus several dedicated periods of leisure time so you can explore all the things you want to see, this Scottish escape is the perfect mix for your tribe.
- Learn the legends of Loch Ness and the fortress ruins on its banks with an included visit to Urquhart Castle for your small family group. It will be a history lesson like no other!
- There’s nothing like a short walk to get a true feel of a place when travelling. From Fort William, climb Cow Hill to see some stunning panoramas, plus view UK’s highest peak – Ben Nevis – in all its glory.
- See the countryside from another angle when you all embark on a canoeing adventure along the Caledonian Canal. Stretching right through the highlands, you’ll paddle a small section to the tiny town of Gairlochy.
- Experience centuries of Scottish history on display in the open-air Highland Folk Museum, and perhaps take the family to one of the local galleries in Kingussie on a free afternoon.
- With all the details covered, you’re free to keep your mind on exploring the highlands. Browse the craft shops? Discover the community of Aviemore? Fancy a spot of horse riding? It’s all your choice.