Escape to the Highlands on this four-day active Intrepid Retreats experience and fall in love with the wild, brutal beauty of Glencoe. Make yourself at home in a rustic, comfortable inn and make the most of the local produce on offer, whether on a special dinner or on a tasting at one of Scotland’s oldest whisky distilleries. The highlands are a haven for hikers and bikers, so cycle meandering roads past the forested flanks and deep blue waters of lochs, and climb hulking peaks whose shadows fall over the valley. You’ll soon understand why the glen’s beauty has drawn location scouts from throughout Hollywood, eager for a dramatic backdrop for the big screen.
- Discover the flavours of the Highlands with a whisky tasting at one the oldest distilleries in Scotland.
- Explore Loch Leven by bike and take in striking panoramas of the water and surrounding munros.
- Walk through the history of the highlands in Fort William and Inverlochy, equipped with the insider knowledge of your local host.
- Climb the Pap of Glencoe and be rewarded with some of the best views in the Central Highlands.
- Wrap up your retreat with a special included dinner that makes the most of local produce.